PUBLICATIONS with Undergraduate Students (Highlighted)
22. Lu Zhu, David W. Pearson, Stéphane L. Benoit, Jing Xie, Jitendra Pant, Yanjun Yang, Arnab Mondal, Hitesh Handa, Jane Y. Howe, Yen-Con Hung, Jorge E. Vidal, Robert J. Maier, and Yiping Zhao, "Highly efficient antimicrobial activity of CuxFeyOz nanoparticles against important human pathogens," Nanomaterials 10, 2294 (2020).
21. Yanfeng Wang, Harrison Chong, Zhengjun Zhang, and Yiping Zhao, "Large-area fabrication of complex nanohole arrays with highly tunable plasmonic properties," ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 12, 37435–37443 (2020).
20. Steven Larson, Daniel Carlson, Bin Ai, and Yiping Zhao, "The extraordinary optical transmission and sensing properties of Ag/Ti composite nanohole arrays," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 21, 3771–3780 (2019).
19. Steven Larson, Zilan Yang, and Yiping Zhao, "Improving LSPR sensing performance using multilayered composition graded Ag–Cu nanotriangle arrays," Chem. Commun. 55, 1342–1344 (2019).
18. Connor Skehan, Bin Ai, Steven R Larson, Keenan M Stone, William M Dennis, and Yiping Zhao, "Plasmonic and SERS performances of compound nanohole arrays fabricated by shadow sphere lithography," Nanotechnology 29, 165301 (2018).
17. Whitney Ingram, Steven Larson, Daniel Carlson, and Yiping Zhao, "Ag-Cu mixed phase plasmonic nanostructures fabricated by shadow nanosphere lithography and glancing angle co-deposition," Nanotechnology 28, 015301 (2017).
16. Yizhuo He, Keelan Lawrence, Whitney Ingram and Y.-P. Zhao, "Circular dichroism based refractive index sensing using chiral metamaterials," Chem. Commun. 52, 2047–2050 (2016).
15. George K. Larsen, Nicholas Stom, and Yiping Zhao, "Continuously tuning the spectral response of chiral plasmonic patchy particles through galvanic replacement reaction," RSC Advances 5, 101257–101261 (2015).
14. Yizhuo He, Keelan Lawrence, Whitney Ingram, and Yiping Zhao, “Strong local chiroptical response in racemic patchy Silver films: enabling a large-area chiroptical device,” ACS Photonics 2, 1246–1252 (2015).
13. George K. Larsen, Yizhuo He, Whitney Ingram, Ethan T. LaPaquette, Jing Wang, and Yiping Zhao, "The fabrication of three-dimensional plasmonic chiral structures by dynamic shadowing growth," Nanoscale 6, 9467–9476 (2014).
12. Kun Yao, Ryan Toole, Pradip Basnet, and Yiping Zhao, “Highly sensitive double-layered nanorod array gas sensors prepared by oblique angle deposition,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 073110 (2014).
11. Yuping He, Cameron Brown, Cynthia A. Lundgren, and Yiping Zhao, "The growth of CuSi composite nanorod arrays by oblique angle co-deposition, and their structural, electrical, and optical properties," Nanotechnology 23, 365703 (2012).
10. Yuping He, Cameron Brown, Yizhuo He, Jianguo Fan,Cynthia A. Lundgrencand Yiping Zhao, "Porous three-dimensional nanorod arrays through selective chemical etching of nanocomposites," Chem. Com. 48, 7741–7743 (2012).
9. Hao Zhu, Wei Cao, George K. Larsen, Ryan Toole, and Yiping Zhao, “Tilting angle of nanocolumnar films fabricated by oblique angle deposition,”Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B 30, 030606 (2012).
8. Yuping He, Bo Yang, Kaikun Yang, Cameron Brown, Ramaraja Ramasamy, Howard Wang, Cynthia Lundgren, and Yiping Zhao, "Designing Si-based nanowall arrays by dynamic shadowing growth to tailor the performance of Li-ion battery anodes," Journal of Materials Chemistry 22, 8294–8303 (2012).
7. Y.-P. Zhao, Y.-P. He, and C. Brown, "Composition dependent nanocolumn tilting angle during the oblique angle co-deposition," Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 033106 (2012).
6. John G. Gibbs, Nicholas A. Fragnito, and Yiping Zhao, “Asymmetric Pt/Au coated catalytic micromotors fabricated by dynamic shadowing growth,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 253107 (2010).
5. W. Smith, W. Ingram, and Y.-P. Zhao, “The scaling of the photocatalytic decay rate with the length of aligned TiO2 nanorod arrays,” Chem. Phys. Lett. 479, 270–273 (2009).
4. R. Blackwell and Y.-P. Zhao, “Metal nanoparticle embedded porous thin film prepared by oblique angle co-evaporation,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 26, 1344–1349 (2008).
3. Y.-P. He, Z.-Y. Zhang, C. Hoffmann, and Y.-P. Zhao, “Embedding Ag nanoparticles into MgF2 nanorod arrays,” Advanced Functional Materials 18, 1676–1684 (2008).
2. J.-G. Fan, J.-X. Fu, A. Collins, and Y-P Zhao, “The effect of the shape of nanorod arrays on the nanocarpet effect,” Nanotechnology 19, 045713 (2008).
1. Wade Bowie and Y.-P. Zhao, “Monte Carlo simulation of vapor deposition polymerization,” Surf. Sci. Lett. 563, L245–L250 (2004).